Easy-to-use 88-note weighted-action mobile synth for bands on the move
Life in a modern band doesn’t run like clockwork. In the same day, you might be rehearsing, recording and playing live, with each session demanding a whole new musical approach. Some synths will slow you down with their bulky size and uninspired sounds. The Roland JUNO-DS88 sets you free, Wherever your music leads you, this streamlined weighted-action 88-note synth will follow, with compact dimensions, smart operation and a choice of pro onboard sounds for anything from studio work to street performance. The JUNO-DS88 is the ideal instrument for piano-oriented keyboard players.
Plays like a traditional piano with 88 weighted-action keys
When a keyboard feels good beneath your fingers, it inspires you to write better songs, play tighter shows and take your band to greater creative heights. The JUNO-DS88 might be light and portable, but there’s a satisfying high-end touch to the Ivory Feel-G Keyboard, which is the first in the JUNO series to feature a full 88 weighted-action keys. Try the progressive hammer action alongside the expressive new piano sounds and you’ll know that the JUNO-DS88 is the instrument you want to load in at tonight’s show.
Own the stage, hit the studio, play in the street
When your band is ready to take on the world, there’s nothing worse than a cumbersome synth that ties you to the bedroom. From stage to studio – and back – the JUNO-DS88 is right alongside you. With its compact size, practical weight and speedy setup, this synth takes hectic schedules in its stride, letting you dart from a last-minute band rehearsal to a make-or-break gig, then across town for a recording session. Clubs, pubs and street gigs are all feasible thanks to optional battery power. In an industry that moves fast, the JUNO-DS88 is the only synth that keeps up.
Play in any band with a choice of pro sounds onboard
If you play with several bands in a range of styles, you’ll know how frustrating it is when your synth can’t quickly deliver the required sound. With the JUNO-DS88, you’ve got a library of sounds for every twist and turn of the setlist. Choose your favorite pro-quality sound from nine categories, with over 1,000 sounds including acoustic and electric pianos, organs, and synth – enough choice to cover any musical genre or performance style. And the patches from the previous-generation JUNO-Di synth are fully compatible too; your favorite new sound is just a button-push away.
Get creative with intuitive hands-on editing
With so many bands out there competing for attention, a head-turning synth sound could help you stand out. The JUNO-DS88 is a winner right out of the box – thanks to the selection of instant-access sounds – but even for first-timers, it’s simple to dig into the highly adjustable parameters and find your own voice. Select the performance mode and you can set up advanced sounds like layering strings onto the acoustic piano, or assigning organ and bass to your right and left hands respectively. Create and edit patches. Respond to the crowd and shape your sound mid-song with hands-on controls. Hook up your favorite expression pedals and push the sonic envelope. It’s impossible to be average when you play the JUNO-DS88.
Enjoy instant jam sessions, no bandmates required
Even when your bandmates are out of town, there’s nothing to stop you nailing down the new material with a virtual jam session. Using the JUNO-DS88’s eight Phrase Pads, you can add instant drums to your keyboard parts, or copy audio data (MP3/WAV) to the USB memory and play along with lifelike full-band backing. Plus, when your shows need an added punch, the Phrase Pads can be used as a live sampler: load them up with anything from vocals to sound effects – then trigger them with one touch to make the gig go boom.
Features at a Glance:
- 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with weighted-action feel in a lightweight design that’s easy to transport
- Gig-ready instrument with pro sounds, enhanced performance features, battery-powered operation, and intuitive operation
- Instant access to essential pro-quality sounds for band performance, from acoustic and electric pianos, organs, synths and other stage favorites
- Wave expansion slot enables users to download new sound waveforms, available for free at Roland’s Axial website
- Sample import function for playing user WAV files on the JUNO-DS88’s keyboard
- Easy sound manipulation and editing with hands-on knobs and sliders
- Eight Phrase Pads for triggering samples and audio songs stored on USB memory
- Mic input and dedicated Reverb, Vocoder and Auto Pitch effects for impressive vocal performances
- Intuitive eight-track pattern sequencer with non-stop recording for quickly developing song ideas
- USB audio/MIDI and DAW Control mode
- JUNO-DS librarian is available for managing the onboard sounds from your computer