Piano Quality unique to Yamaha
Yamaha’s unique Pure CF Sound Engine is the result of over a century of acoustic piano craftsmanship combined with state-of-the-arttechnology and expertise.Yamaha is the industry leader in digital piano technology, and you can hear this in the sound of digital pianos that utilise the Pure CF engine. P-125 includes the sound of the renowned Yamaha CFIIIS 9′ concert grand piano and is faithfully reproduced, allowing for incredible dynamics and expressiveness making Pure CF equipped digital pianos worthy of the Yamaha name.
A Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) 88-key piano keyboard provides a heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end, and is similar to the acoustic piano.
Authentic Piano performance space
The newly improved 2-way speaker system produces an expansive piano sound in both upward and downward directions. This enables the player to enjoy a rich sound field as though you were sitting in front of an acoustic piano.
Optimal sound on the table
The new “table EQ” feature enables the player to maintain optimal acoustics, so even if you play on a hard, flat surface, you can get the best possible sound.
Bass and Drum beats are right on time
The Yamaha P-125 has on-board Bass and Drum tracks that keep your playing in time. There’s a variety of rhythm patterns to choose from depending on the the vibe you’re going for. From rock to ballads, use these rhythms to add an element of fun to your practicing, or simply use them as a virtual drummer for your performances.
Simple operation using the Smart Pianist app!
The “Smart Pianist”app allows you to control the many functions included in Yamaha digital pianos with your smart device. Voices, rhythms and other settings can be selected while looking at the screen, making it easy to enjoy new functions with ease.
You can also save your favorite settings for quick recall at any time. You can discover the chords in audio tracks in your iPhone or iPad instantly. Find new ways to enjoy your P-125, using smart functions that only a modern digital instrument can provide
The modest design of the P-125 was created with user accesibility in mind. With the goal of being as user-friendly and approachable as possible, every element of the P-125 is designed to help keep the player focused on their playing.
The minimal light reflection of its continuous surface and the understated speaker design all work to collectively achieve a beautiful and elegant finish.
Features at a Glance:
- GHS weighted action is heavier in the low keys and lighter in the high keys, just like an acoustic piano
- Matte black key tops absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use without becoming slippery
- Pure CF Sound Engine with 4-level sampling faithfully reproduces the tone of a meticulously sampled Yamaha 9′ CFIIIS concert grand
- Damper Resonance DSP re-creates the sound of the inside of a grand piano when the dampers are off the strings.
- String Resonance re-creates the sympathetic sounds of all undamped strings resonating, mimicking the behavior of acoustic pianos
- Key-off samples provide the delicate change in sound the instant the damper falls back to the string
- USB to Host with MIDI and audio transfer for single-cable connectivity to your music-making software
- Sound Boost adds EQ and volume to help the instrument project and cut through the mix using its onboard speakers, allowing you to be heard in small ensemble situations such
- as an acoustic jazz trio
- Stereophonic Optimizer adjusts the spatial distribution of sound in headphones, creating the perception that sound is coming from the piano, rather than from the headphones
- Split mode lets you play a different Voice with each hand
- Duo mode splits the keyboard into two halves, each with its own middle C, for practicing with a partner or teacher
- Weighs a svelte 26 pounds for easy portability
- Includes music rest and footswitch