The M 150 Tube is a unique small-diaphragm condenser microphone for orchestral recordings, based on the legendary Neumann M 50. The M 150 uses a titanium capsule flush-mounted in a small sphere to create an omni pattern which becomes directional at higher frequencies. An innovative transformerless tube circuit ensures a vivid sound with low noise.
The M 150 is primarily designed to bring unprecedented detail and realism to orchestral recordings, e.g. of classical pieces and film scores. Due to its unique “directional omni” characteristic, its outstanding transient response, and a gradually rising sensitivity above 1 kHz, the Neumann M 150 is the perfect microphone for DECCA Tree techniques, including extended surround setups.
- Ideal for DECCA Tree stereo and surround recordings
- Modern version of the legendary Neumann M 50
- Unique all-titanium capsule
- Extended frequency response and unparalleled transient accuracy
- Tube circuit with transformerless output stage
- Very low self-noise